Wednesday 2 June 2010

/ Rant On...

I just want to say;

I HATE RESIZER SCRIPTS WITH A PASSION!

Phew, I thought shouting that out would make me feel better but nope! My heart sinks if I accidentally buy something with a resizer script in. There are many reasons why its OKAY to hate these blighter's of my Second Life. Script limits are coming into play soon, If you are walking around with a gazillion scripts because you cannot delete them...well good luck with that ;) But to top it all, it won't even be your fault!

When I first started out in Second Life ( on a different avie ) I look back now and laugh at how my skirt belts must of looked, my bangles and how my hair must of looked all kinds of freaky because it was over time that I learnt how to use the tools available to me to edit things to fit me.I am though so glad that I had the chance to HAVE TO LEARN to edit things to suit me. It meant I could fix skirts to fit me and not my shape to fit the skirt. I started becoming an individual. I never realised for quite some time that I could make a copy of a copy/mod item before I started working on it to fit me. It was not until I brought something that had a notecard in explaining how to do just that. Yay! Merchants educate your customers :)

I understand the paranoia in Second Life by selling things that have mod rights on them but think about it...most things I see resized with scripts look completely wacky and out of shape! Honestly, inspect closely, its easy to see who has tried to work with limited tools to make an item they paid for fit them!  Do you want that look to be the first impression of your store when that avie runs over the grid in your item?  I have tried so hard in the past to get a gorgeous pair of boots to look okay with the stupid resizer scripts because I loved the boots. Lets just say, those boots will now never see the light of day again, its just impossible to get so many intricate parts to fit properly with a +1 or -1 button! Maybe I am just lousy at using resizer scripts..I don't know but seriously is it to much to ask as a customer to be able to fit things with ease to fit me?!

If I accidentally buy something with a resizer script in and the item does not fit out of the box meaning I am then reduced to having to press buttons on the stupid drop down blue box to try and fit a buckle etc, then that item gets trashed and I make a mental note not to shop at your store again.


/Rant off

:)

No comments: